Monday, September 26, 2011

Funny Story

Let me just start by saying that today was really not "funny" per say but rather difficult. However, one way of coping with a hard day is laughing about it, so that's what I intend to do with this post.

We've been looking into buying a house recently and because Michael wasn't able to take time off work he asked if I could go in and sign some paperwork. I was reluctant of course because I knew I would have to tote Jack along with me, which is never easy. However, because we were under somewhat of a time constraint, I agreed and met with our realtor and mortgage broker. We met in this tiny, enclosed conference room. Well, approximately 2 minutes after closing the door and sitting down, Jack does a big humpty dumpty doo in his pants. Being the astute mother that I am, I recognize the lingering smell the minute after he did it. Now the question was do I ignore the smell and pray that they they don't notice? Or do I excuse myself and go change him out in the car? Or do I apologize for the smell and proceed with the meeting?

Seriously, what would you do?

I decided to take the first option, ignorance. So I smiled and kept on with the meeting. I kept imagining that the two men were gagging inside while smelling that wonderful scent and either thought I or each other had a flatulence problem or they recognized a dirty diaper and God willing understood because they had children of their own. No one said anything. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.

Next, in this "funny" story, Jack was going through the diaper bag in his boredom. He found a bag of crackers. In the 2 seconds I was looking away he took those crackers out of the bag and proceeded to smash them with his fists into little crumbs all over the perfectly vacuumed floor. Awesome.

I finally decided to excuse myself and took the little bugger outside to the car to change him. When reentering the office building, I grabbed a handful of the candy on the receptionist's desk to hopefully help keep Jack happy for the rest of the meeting. I went back into the conference room and while in the motion of sitting down, Jack pulled my hair (on accident) and I slipped a little. Well, the chair was on wheels and I went tumbling down on my rear end with Jack sprawled on top of me. He happened to have a Laffy Taffy in his hands, which ended up in my hair. Warning: wet, stick Laffy Taffy's are very hard to get out of hair! Oh my. I almost cried out of embarrassment.

I am now at home and don't plan on going anywhere for a week. The end.

1 comment:

  1. oh, man, that is hilarious, meredith!! soo funny! totally something that would happen to me. :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete